Schedule of the Fall Pastoral Retreat of the Clergy
of the Western American Diocese
November 5-8, 2017
Sunday, November 5
6:00 pm: Joy of All Who Sorrow feast day Vigil (no common meal)
Monday, November 6
9:30 am: Greeting of the Bishop, solemn feast day Liturgy, procession and festal meal
6:00 pm: Clergy fellowship at the Society of Russian Cadets and Veteran's of World War I in San Francisco (2401 Lyon Street, San Francisco)
Tuesday, November 7
7:45 am: Hours and Divine Liturgy at St Tikhon's Church (598 15th Avenue)
9:30 am: Light breakfast followed by the opening and first session of the WAD Fall Clergy Pastoral Retreat (at St. Tikhon's)
- Archdeacon Peter (Karakozov): Monarchy and Fidelity: The Most Holy Synod and the February 1917 Revolution
12:30 pm: Lunch and continuation of retreat at St. Tikhon's
- Abbot James (Corazza): Serving the Litya
- Group discussion (pastoral topics): "Responding to tragedy and disaster; how to talk to the parish and the community when bad things happen."
4:30 pm: Transfer to Holy Virgin Cathedral
[Vespers & Matins at HVC are to begin at 4:30 pm]
5:00 pm: Dinner at the HVC small fellowship hall
6:00 pm: Panikhida for the victims of the godless communist regime at HVC
7:00 pm: A keynote talk (in large HVC fellowship hall – open to the general public)
- Archpriest Nicholas Karipoff: (Melbourne, Australia): Patriarch Tikhon, Revolution and 100 Years Later
Wednesday, November 8
7:45 am: Hours and Liturgy at HVC.
9:30 am: Breakfast followed by second session of the WAD Fall Clergy Pastoral Retreat
- Archpriest Nicholas Karipoff: “The Beauty of God's House: The Aesthetic at the Threshold of Spirituality”
- Group Presentation and approval of a common epistle from the conference to the flock.
12:30 pm: Closing of the Retreat and farewell lunch.